Monday, November 24, 2008

Sun Rise

I have been living in this world for the past 29 years.

The irony is.. I have never enjoyed watching sun rise. Or maybe I should say.. purposely go and see one.

The journey of appreciating Photography is one that changes my life.

For the first time in my entire adolescence, teenagehood and adulthood, I woke up at 6am in the morning and make my way to the brand new Marina Barrage of Singapore.
Marina Barrage is a new Reservoir at Marina South.. - The so-called Reservoir in the City.

All thanks to Justin, who really introduced me Landscape photography, I reached Marina Barrage at 715am. I was speechless and awed by the wonderful settings that greeted me.

This is really my Picture of the Day. Reflection of the Barrage on a glass window of the Viewing Tower.



I did some reading and came to know that different weather actually produced different type of sun rise. It was humid the day before.. and I took no chance to capture the most alluring sun rise I have yet to see for my entire life.

I wished Justin was with me at that point of time. I came to learn from him later that to set the right appertures, we must placed it at 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 16 and 22.
Dan and Doris, you may want to set at these appertures for best clarity depending on the situation.

When you are holding a Camera, you make what goes beyond the eyes beautiful.





As the day breaks, more families join me in exploring Barrage, including the water fountain play area.




More pictures coming up. Stay tuned! @:)

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Didnt u manage to see sunrise when u go to sch in Pasir Ris? LOL.

Nice photos, will try different setting. Going Washington DC next month. I hope I can capture the winter mood in the capital. =)

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing pictures. You have turn pro now. I am now a fan of your blog. Go shooting together ok?

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice. what camera are you using?

5:04 PM  
Blogger BaSh said...

Dor: -
Personally, I have not seen winter, but i guess its not easy as the cold will create mist on your lens. Do ensure your lens filter is on and be careful not scratch your lens when you wipe it.

er1c: -
Call me anytime. Sunday early in the morning i can.

joveen: -
450D canon and 17-55mm lens for the pictures. cheers :)

5:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeap n the photographer can't use gloves. It will be very cold.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home